Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun... And Have Stopped Worrying So Much

This week has been surprisingly busy! In a small way, I'm kinda glad I haven't had work this week. And by small way I mean the only reason I'm not glad is because of the fact that I cry at my ever dwindling bank account. But seriously, this week has been full of stuff I've had to do... Monday is too far back to remember what I had to do during the day, but I had night class in the evening; Tuesday I had an interview with the staffing agency and had to print out my resume before I went and then wasted 2 hours doing their computer testing in house; yesterday I went to the library to finish my assignment for tonight, then cleaned the house when I got home; today I'm working from 12-5 and then going to my class in the evening; and then tomorrow I have 2 interviews (yet another staffing agency called me this morning to book an interview) at which I have to do in house testing for both, and then in the evening I have to go to the youth organization that I work with. And for the 2nd week in a row we shall be short staffed because the majority of our staff members have been in Mexico since last Thursday, and we have asked them to stay home so that they don't spread the swine flu in case they've picked it up.
Speaking of swine flu, I'm a little it scared about contracting it. My friend/landlord whose basement I rent is one of the guys who are in Mexico. We share a house. How am I not supposed to get it??? I've been battling a sore throat since last Monday and today is the first day that I've woken up without one. I need to do interviews, and somehow get a job before the end of next month or else my savings will be SERIOUSLY tapped into. I've got trips I've got to save up for, people! I just bought my Vancouver Olympic flight tickets yesterday!
Oh! By the way! Plane tickets to the Olympics are booked! I may not have a penny to my name when I go, but I've got a seat on a plane there and back, and a seat in a hockey game and a place to sleep at my uncle's place. Who needs to eat? Actually, we've got a change jar going, and the last time I counted we had $178 in there. So that will at least feed 2 people for 10 days. So I'm good to go!

Actually, I've been feeling a lot calmer about this whole not having a job thing, and I know something will eventually happen for me and it will be greater than what I previously had. And since I started having this mindset, things have been happening for me. I mean, this week alone I'll have 3 interviews! Plus I'm working a few hours here and there, so things are starting to turn up. It's always happened for me and my family that right when we're not sure how we're going to make it to next month, something happens and we've made it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment