Monday, April 20, 2009

Gonna Attempt To Make Me Some Money... Again

So the interview last week went really well, I walked out of it feeling like I could conquer the world! But here's what went down: Basically, I am overqualified for the position I had sent in my resume to them for. It was strictly reception and quite honestly both me and the interviewer knew that I would be bored out of my skull. I've done a lot of different contracts and have a lot of different skills thanks to my BMus education and my experience with a youth organization I work with. The interviewer told me straight out that he would place me in a position that I wasn't qualified for, because I would become qualified for it while in the position. Great compliment, except that NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD IS WILLING TO DO THAT. For example, I have an interview with another staffing agency this afternoon and applied for an HR admin assistant position through them, which is EXACTLY what I want. Over the phone, the lady told me that the client is "looking for someone who already has an HR certification." Great. Then again, maybe she'll meet with me and realize the same thing my first interviewer did.
My interview last week really gave me the confidence to not settle for just anything. Yeah I have bills to pay, but I want to enjoy my life. Doing reception at my old job I wanted to stab my eyes out everyday and felt totally under-used. I have an Honors degree, I was on the Dean's List... I just feel like I should be so much more than I am right now and the right job will come around, I just have to be patient and hope it doesn't take longer than how long it will take for my savings to run out!
I just wish I hadn't woken up with a sore throat this morning. I feel like crap but I've gotta get a move on with this job finding process. And I wish it wasn't raining because now I have to worry about avoiding getting myself and my resume/references wet. And at some point I need to clean my whole place... maintaining such a small space is surprisingly difficult.
Oh! And we also got our computer fixed - a friend of ours who is taking computer engineering (or something like that) wiped our hard drive and reformatted the whole thing. I'm so glad we didn't have to buy a new computer... We want to get a second one, just not right now!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job search! I've been in that turned down because I was overqualified before. Kind of sucks, huh?

    Of course in my case I was trying to shift over to start working my way up their ladder, but couldn't get in. I'm rather stuck where I am for the time being.

    ReplyDelete