Friday, April 3, 2009

I Watch The Watchmen

Will this day ever end?! I actually almost got some work to do this morning, and the whole time as my manager was explaining it to me I was thinking, Well geez, thanks... my LAST day here and you finally decide to give me some work to do! And then 2 seconds later she tells me the guy doesn't need the thing done after all, so I am left to my own devices again, as per usual. Got a lot of online job searching done, that's for sure! But seriously, I don't know how much more Bubble Town I can play.

In more important news, finally saw The Watchmen last night. I wanted to read the graphic novel before I saw the movie, and I've been finished the book for a good three weeks now. Which in retrospect was probably a good thing that there was a break between when I read the book and saw the movie because I read Memoirs of a Geisha and then saw the movie like a day after I read the book, and now have the two co-mingled in my mind as one giant super movie-novel. Although now that I really think about it, I don't remember the book or the movie that well at all... I dunno, I have this thing where I have difficulty remembering details in movies or books. I'll come straight out of a movie and my fellow movie-goers will be all like "Omg remember when ____ happened? That was HILARIOUS!!!" and then we'll all laugh and I'll be thinking "when the F did that happen????" And then by that time they're already on to part number three that they enjoyed so thoroughly and I'll still be racking my brains over part number one so now i just keep laughing if everyone else is laughing or look thoughtful if everyone else looks thoughtful.

I digress.

I really enjoyed the film. Of course they left a few storylines out, but otherwise I thought they did a really good job of casting and interpreting the novel. But I wonder a little bit if I would have understood as much from the film if I didn't already know what happened. I found that I picked up on a lot of the little details, and I'm not sure that I would have if I didn't read the novel.

Oh, and I got there just in time to see the trailers (anyone who says the trailers for upcoming movies are NOT the best part of the movie-going experience can rot in hell. Too harsh? Whoops.) and I secretly want to see the Star Trek film. I have been boycotting all online trailers and conversations about the film because of the traumatic experience as a child of being forced to watch Star Trek every Sunday night. My family was OBSESSED with it. Did I say was? I mean still is. And my sisters and mother have been planning on seeing this film since the idea of it's conception and I have refused to take part in it. But the trailer made it look so GOOD!!! So I shall probably secretly and (il)legally download the film and watch it in the privacy of my own home.

Just don't tell my fam.

2 comments:

  1. No! You HAVE to wait to watch it on the big screen! You won't do it justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwuahaaha! I TOLD you it was amazing. You shall see it with us and I shall gloat FOREVER.

    :D

    ReplyDelete