Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Paranormally Paranoid

I have this thing about ghost shows. You know, the kind of shows where people go into a haunted place and they get a medium or psychic to talk about what they're sensing and stuff.
So last night I'm watching tv and see that Paranormal State is on. Now, I've only watched one other episode, and have to say that of all the ghost shows I've watched, Paranormal is the SCARIEST I have ever seen. The episode I saw was about this family who was complaining of a demonic presence in their house that kept attacking their daughter, and then they find out that the demonic presence is attached to the daughter and they have to do an exorcism. Anyway, the episode I watched last night was about this couple and the wife's sister had moved in with them when they first bought the house, and the first night the sister sees this figure with a Ram's head standing in the doorway and tells the couple about it and how it said it came from the river and then a week later she commits suicide by wandering in the Mississippi River nearby. So the people are investigating the house, and the psychic guy says that he keeps getting the name of something they had dealt with before, and it was 6, which was the demon thing I had seen in the last episode! And THEN, they get a call from the girl from that episode saying that things had gotten worse and the exorcism didn't work, so then they drive the 5 hours to go see her and try and help her. So then while they're there, they figure out that the 2 cases are related and it's a combination of 6 different demons and the connection was the Mississippi River because it was nearby the girl that had to have the exorcism! The whole time I was watching I was so freaked out and I've never been more glad to switch to baseball in the middle of a show. And of course by the time the show ended it was midnight and I was heading to bed, but I had to hang out in the bathroom while my boyfriend took a shower so that I wasn't alone. And even when I was in bed, I had to have the covers in front of my eyes so that I couldn't see the doorframe for fear of seeing the Ram-man.

Apparently I have issues.

It's crazy how even though I was scared shitless, I want to watch more of it but have decided not to because I am home alone. And considering how freaked out I was even this morning, I believe it is a bad, bad plan to watch scary things alone.

K, I don`t know what I did to this laptop, but for some reason my question marks are now É`s and my apostrophes are all weird (seeÉ see themÉ Gah I just want question marks!!) There`s like 4 characters for every key and some are red and some are blue, and I know that by pressing the red Alt buttons you get the characters, but there`s no magic blue button that makes the blue characters, which are all the normal ones.

Maybe the keyboard`s possessed. I like that theory, so I`m running with it.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, those shows are freaky! I'm a big wuss when it comes to those things :S I have to watch the door knob until I fall asleep to make sure no one is turning it.. Even worse when I'm taking a shower, I keep the shower curtain a little bit open just to keep an eye on the door but I still feel so helpless and vulnerable!

    But the good news is : your keyboard isn't possesed, it just switched to French .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So then how do you fix it???
    Oh wait... looks like it fixed itself... :S

    Have I mentioned I'm no good with technology?

    ReplyDelete