Thursday, April 2, 2009

Have I Mentioned That I Love This Recession?

Well probably not to you, considering this is my first post. But I am sure I have mentioned it to many people that I actually know. This recession is quite unkind to the recent grads of '08... I've been out of University for almost a year now, and have had 4 semi-long term temp jobs to show for it. The latest of which will be ending after tomorrow.
I just texted my mom to let her know, and her response: "Oh i guess u must of expected it." Umm, thanks for the sympathy?? In all fairness though, I was wondering when they were going to let me go... in the past 5-6 weeks that I've been working here, I've probably done about 1 1/2 weeks worth of work. The rest of the time they tell me they have nothing for me, so I check my email a million times and check my bank account a million times, then read msnbc.com and fmylife.com (GREAT site by the way!) til I've read all the stories and then drink lots of water so that I have to pee 10 times so that I have an excuse to get up and DO something. So I guess I'm lucky I wasn't let go earlier.
At least the weather is nice-ish now. Maybe I'll take up running again in my spare time. That should kill what, 30 minutes each day?? *stabs eyes out with dried up bamboo stick left from the lady she's replacing who is available to come back in to work when they periodically need her which is causing lil S to be unemployed*

Think happy employment thoughts for me, okay?? And for the record, this first post is not a fair representation of me. I swear, I'm a happy child!! But having no job makes me bitchy, apparently.

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend.

    Nice first post!

    Join 20 Something Bloggers... you'll fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, "then drink lots of water so that I have to pee 10 times so that I have an excuse to get up and DO something" .. I do the exact same thing ! Glad I'm not the only who is bored at work !

    ReplyDelete