Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gonna Make Me Some Money!

Huzzah! There is finally progress on the job hunt!!
In the past 2 days, I've probably sent out between 30-35 resumes and harrassed all my friends who have jobs to find me something, and last night I had a mini break down. I know, I know, it was just 2 days since I started seriously searching, but I have been off work for a week now and I HATE the idea that I'm not making money. Because of my tax return I have enough in my account to pay for my student loan payment for this month and next month's rent, but after that I'm going to have to start going into my savings. And with a Northern Ontario roadtrip planned for the end of the summer and tickets to the Olympics next year, I have quite a bit I need to save up for. And that's not to mention general saving up for things like a downpayment for a house.
But I have an interview tomorrow! Granted, it's with a staffing agency, but it's for a reception position downtown and judging by the job description, it seems exactly the same thing as I was doing at my last reception job. So they can't not hire me on the basis that I am not experienced! Take THAT, bitches!

I mean, wont you please hire me on permanent so that I can stop this job search crap every month?

10 bucks says I start on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool, you got tickets to the Olympics!
    I've been mentally planning to go but haven't acted on it yet. Flights and hotels in Vancouver are so expensive, I have to see if I can afford it first!
    Sounds like the odds are good for this upcoming interview, good luck anyway!
    I know what you mean, job searching can be so exhausting and discouraging. I searched for my current internship for 6 months (well, 2-3 months more seriously) and it totally killed me. Anyhow, knock 'em dead!

    ReplyDelete