Wednesday, April 29, 2009

School and Work and Play! ...I mean Driving!

Had an interview with a new staffing agency yesterday, and I guess it went okay... she seemed very rushed with me and then I had to spend 2 hours doing their MS Office testing because the computer took 5 minutes to load each question for the PowerPoint and Excel ones. I was so irritated I wanted to yell but figured this would be a bad impression to make.
I had my first class of HR Administration on Monday, and had a minor heart attack when I read on the course outline "prerequisite: course Lil S has yet to take." I emailed them and they said it was a prerequisite for the HR Management program, so as long as I complete it or get exempt before I complete the program, I'm good to go. I should probably get on that fairly soon though... but I've actually been quite busy this week.
Today I went to the library and read what I needed to for my class tomorrow night. I have no money to buy textbooks (there are more imminent things like rent and student loan repayment. Oh yeah and groceries... I like to eat) so I am forced to read the outdated editions at the Reference Library downtown. I hope it works out, cuz I don't plan on buying the books unless I get hooked up with a job. I'm just praying we don't have to use the texts in class!
I've got another interview with yet another staffing agency on Friday morning, so hopefully all goes well with that one. I got a call today from Staffing Agency #3 saying that she hadn't heard back about my resume, but that there was a reception position available today from 12-5. Then she realized it had already been filled, which was good news for me because I could make it seem like I would have jumped on it (thereby making myself look like a good candidate for the next time this happened) when really I couldn't have accepted because I needed to go to the library today since I am working tomorrow at some place from 12-5, and my class is tomorrow night.

Have I mentioned that I've been driving?? I got my G1 in the summer but since neither myself or the BF own a car, it has been quite difficult to a) find the time and b) find a vehicle so he can teach me to drive. But our landlord (who lives upstairs and is a good friend of ours) has been in Mexico this past week for a wedding, which has left us free to use the car (don't worry, we're allowed to use it on a regular basis, but now we don't have to see if someone else needs it instead). I'm actually getting quite good! I can drive 40 km/h now without shitting myself, and am less afraid of hitting parked cars' side mirrors as I pass them.

No comments:

Post a Comment