Thursday, May 7, 2009

(Sham)Wow I've Been Working A Lot This Week!

I'm a little addicted to the ShamWow infomercials. I don't know what it is, but it just draws me in and before I know it 15 minutes has gone by and I really want to buy one! Actually, come to think of it, I think I'm drawn in to all infomercials... I'm back at the same place again today, and it's a company that owns like half the networks on tv. So needless to say, in their reception area where I'm at, they've got 9 tvs with all their channels on. And on some channels, all they're playing are infomercials. And when the phone FINALLY stops ringing, I'll just end up staring not at the screens that actually have shows on, but at the screens with the infomercials. Maybe it's because I still know what's going on while watching them on mute.
I've got class again tonight, and I'm going to return the book that I bought on Monday from the bookstore. Did I mention that I bought my textbooks online yesterday for like 100 bucks less? Well I got an email last night saying that one of the books was out of stock, so they were taking that charge off my credit card. That's great, but that was the one book I REALLY needed, that I can't just use the library for - the tests in that class are open book, and our midterm is in 3 1/2 weeks. So I need that book ASAP. Good news is though that I found someone on Craigslist who is selling theirs for 20 bucks less! Huzzah to me!! Well, I still need to hear back from them to see if it's still available, but it was dated yesterday so I should still be good. Especially since the normal school year is over, so I'm just fighting with summer students for it.

Hey, who knew! Those advertisements for calling in to talk to singles aren't just on after 11pm - they're on at 10:30 in the morning, too!

3 comments:

  1. This is no joke, but my goal in life is to be a late night TV pitchman for products like the ShamWow.

    I have a good beard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Isn't there a new reality show about being infomercial people, with the guy with the beard from OxyClean? Pitchmen or something? I've been meaning to watch it but I have no idea when its on or what channel!
    Maybe if they do a second season you should apply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah I saw the commercial for the show Pitchmen on TLC .. but I think the show airs on another channel. Maybe Discovery.

    Anyhow, it's a good thing you're getting your books used, they sound so expensive !

    ReplyDelete