Friday, May 8, 2009

I Feel Silly... Oh So Silly...

So tomorrow I'm going to London on the weekend to visit some friends who live there as well people from the Cornwall/Ottawa area who are coming to town as well. I got a text this morning from one of my friends from Cornwall, asking if I wanted a ride because he was going to be passing through Toronto sometime this afternoon. I told him I was already getting a ride with another friend tomorrow afternoon, and that I'd see him then. Then I got another text saying "Are you working today? I'm in Toronto....." and for some reason, even though it was a different area code number (no name popped up), I assumed it was him again and I felt bad for not offering at least to get together while he's in town, so I said we could meet up after I was finished and maybe catch dinner. Texts go back and forth, I find out they're going to Dane Cook tonight and all the text messages say "we" are doing this or that. So I ask who's all with him, and he says Melissa and a bunch of other people. In our circle of friends, we don't have a mutual friend named Melissa... then it hit me that I had texted back my other friend using his contact on my cell, so why would he all of a sudden be texting me from an unknown number with a different area code? Then it hit me who had a friend named Melissa that I know - one of my best friends and roommates from University!! So now I'm meeting up with her while she's in town.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! I've done this often because I rarely save people as contacts. I should, it's easy, but I'm lazy.

    I once thought I was talking to my mom and it ended up being a girl I was thinking about dating. I think the "I love you" at the end probably scared her off for good.

    ReplyDelete