Friday, May 15, 2009

Abundant Opportunities Results in Rational Optimism

Ooh, look how deep I am! I came up with that title all on my own. Go ahead and bask in my amazingness. DO IT!!

Or not. You know, whatever.

*Ahem*

Last weekend was a total blast - it was so much fun to see so many friends, and there were people who had left to go all across the country who came down for the weekend! AND, I managed to only spend 30 bucks the whole weekend! Ah, I impress even myself sometimes with my frugality...
This week has surfaced a LOT of opportunities for me job-wise... I will have an interview on Tuesday (still waiting for the confirmation on that one) and then I have another interview on the 29th. Plus, I got called this morning to come in today for work, and I've got something lined up for next Thursday, Friday and the following Monday. So with all the days I've worked this month, I'll have managed to make enough to cover all my expenses. Unfortunately not enough to start growing my savings again, but at least it's enough that I don't have to dig into it!
This week my boyfriend's brother and his girlfriend also came to town and stayed at our place. I was a bad girl and skipped class last night to hang out with them and go for dinner, but I had a really good time. After all the job possibilities open to me, I really feel that I'm going to land something within the next couple weeks, and that makes it easier to relax and enjoy the time that I have now to chill out and not do anything.
Oh! I also drove all the way from my house to the beer store and back! (That's like a few km?) That includes backing out of the driveway, maneuvering in the parking lot, parking, manuevering around the parking lot again, and driving all the way home! I'm working up to driving on main roads now... it's still a little advanced for me, but I'm getting a lot more comfortable in the driver's seat!

1 comment:

  1. Nice title ! Although it seemed so complicated that it almost discouraged me from reading your post, lol, j/k.

    Sounds like life is good in your neighborhood, that's great! Have a good weekend too !

    ReplyDelete